Saturday, February 20, 2010

Nueva Onda ☆☆☆



2218 College Avenue
Austin, TX 78704



512-447-5063

Nueva Onda serves some of the best breakfast tacos in Austin, and that's saying something. My husband, Stephen, and I consider Austin the be the best place to get breakfast tacos in the entire USA. We've tried to get breakfast tacos elsewhere - Houston, San Diego, San Francisco - but the offerings in these various locales always fall short of the mark.

What we particularly like about Nueva Onda is that they serve beautiful tacos with the freshest and healthiest ingredients (though you can add many un-healthy options as well) and not much else. It is low stress and low fuss. I always order an egg, avocado, pico de gallo and bacon
taco. Stephen gets more adventuresome, occasionally sampling bean based combinations and chorizo. They have a simple red salsa that I liberally pour all over my tacos. I usually have a Topo Chico to go with my tacos. Additionally, the service has always been fantastic - fast and friendly.

Nueva Onda is a funky little building located on a side street off South Congress.

It generally has a garage sale or "found object" feel as none of the chairs seem to match and the tables seem scavenged from many places. On the weekends, it's great to sit out in their little patio area, reading the Chronicle while listening to a local band play. I highly recommend checking out this fun and tasty Austin original. ☆☆☆


No comments:

Post a Comment