Sunday, February 21, 2010

Sugar Mama's ☆☆☆


1905 South 1st Street
Austin, TX 78704
512-243-8715

Sugar Mama’s is a relatively new little bakery on South First specializing in cupcakes. Excellent cupcakes. Their cupcakes are actually my favorite ones in Austin - it’s something about the moist texture of the cake and the ratio of frosting to cake that’s enchanting. It also helps that they’re right down the street from me and the little store is so very cute and retro. They have a wide range of flavors. My favorite is the Black and Tan, a luscious combination of chocolate, Guinness cake and Irish Cream cheese frosting. They have other tongue in cheek options such as the Marilyn Monroe (vanilla cupcake and buttercream frosting) and the Southern Belle (red velvet cupcake with cream cheese frosting). They have recently been experimenting with breakfast items. I’ve sampled some cinnamon pecan scones and my sister’s been raving about their sticky buns with frosting. Hopefully they will continue to offer them. Stop by sometime soon for a decadent, sweet pick-me-up! ☆☆☆

No comments:

Post a Comment