Saturday, June 26, 2010

East End Wines


1209 Rosewood Avenue
Austin, TX 78702
512 904-9056

This is a new wine shop appropriately located on the east side of town in the revitalized 11th street area.  The shop itself is a cute, little renovated house.  I ventured in on a quiet Saturday recently to check out the selection.  The interior is quite and lined with floor to ceiling shelves of wine.  They have representation from all the main regions - USA, France, Spain, Italy, Australia, etc.  Generally, the wine is in a reasonable price range - I would say they probably average $20-$25, with a healthy portion in the $10-$20 range.  A good strategy for the recession.... I definitely had quite a few of the wines in my own collection, and had tasted many more.  They definitely seem to be going for authenticity - you could fine a mourvedre based Bandol, a classic Spatlese as well as pinot from Tasmania!  The staff was friendly and knowledgeable.  If it was more convenient to where I live I would go more often.  I would recommend checking out.  

No comments:

Post a Comment